Located where the crossroads meet between Adelaide and Melbourne and in the heart of Mount Gambier, South Australia, The Commodore’s redesigned and refurbished rooms and suites are ready and waiting to welcome you.
Location is unmatched at just a 5 minute walk to the city centre, and the picturesque views overlooking Frew Park from the restaurant elevate any dining experience.
Free high-speed wifi will help you stay connected, and with Foxtel for entertainment,* the range of accommodation options has something to suit your stay, be it business or adventure.
There’s so much to see, do & experience in the remarkable Limestone Coast:
- Only a 5 minute walk to Commercial Street and the central bustling cafes, restaurants, shops, and shopping centres.
- The iconic Blue Lake and Valley Lakes are a short 5 minute drive and offer scenic walks, gardens and a playground.
- 25 Minute Drive | The coastal township of Port MacDonnell. Experience a seaside day trip and enjoy breakfast or lunch at one of the local cafes before you explore the coast.
- 30 Minute Drive | The home to St. Mary MacKillop and the township of Penola. With cafes and shops, Penola is the perfect place to pause.
- 35 Minute Drive | Just past Penola is the Coonawarra Wine region. Discover cellar doors, wineries, and some of the most iconic local produce in the Limestone Coast.
- Across the border and only a 2 1/2 hour drive is Warrnambool and the entrance to the Great Ocean Road. Travel the scenic route to Melbourne and enjoy the beauty of places like Lorne, Torquay and Port Campbell along the way.
The Commodore Accommodation Facilities
- 53 Spacious Suites, all on ground floor
- Interconnecting Suites
- Non Smoking Rooms
- Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning
- TV with Free “Foxtel” access
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Free Wifi
- Guest Laundry
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Hair Dryer
- Tea & Coffee making facilities